For all who like it even faster and lighter we designed the top model of our beloved and popular Standard wheels. Very light DT-Swiss rear hubs combined with a special made extra light layer construction at the rim bring the weight down distinctly. The basics for developing the Obermayer wheels have been a demand from one of the leading pro tour teams at this time for having a uphill only wheel. We did that wheels and named them „L´Alpe d´Huez“. These wheels were used especially at the uphill time trial during the Tour de France 2004 with great success. The further developments of these super lightweight wheels ended in our current Lightweight Obermayer. In these wheels you can find many of the ideas we had while developing the uphill only wheels and all this innovation ended up in a super light and aerodynamically optimised wheel perfectly made for real competitions with absolute top performance and a remarkable stiffness. Our Obermayer wheels offer nearly the same stiffness like our Standard wheels - by saving more than 100g of weight!
- Carbon fibre wheels in 700C size/28"
- Lightweight front wheel hub
- All rear wheels with DT Swiss 190 ceramic rear hubs
- Easy to change rotor for Campy 9/10/11-speed or for Shimano 9/10-speed and SRAM 10-speed
- Laminated magnet (for bike computer) in front and rear wheel
- Individually numbered read-only microchip laminated (important for the registration and ServiceUp) in every wheel
- SpecialEdition with white Duraflon coating available
- Each set now includes double wheel bag, aluminium valve extensions and quick releases
What distinguishes SpecialEdition wheels from “normal” Lightweights?
The most important optical and technical feature that makes the SpecialEdition wheel so unique is the revolutionary new white Duraflon®-coating. This brand new Duraflon®-coating has never been used in bike wheel business before – this is a real world novelty that only the Team MILRAM uses worldwide exclusively. Thanks to the Duraflon® coating the SpecialEdition Lightweight wheels are facing an extremely longlife, scratch resistant and unbelievable flush surface – with only 40 grams additional weight.
What`s about Duraflon®?
Duraflon® is not a simple wet paint but a real special coating that is stoved on – into the spokes and rims – and so Duraflon® coating is a brand new Fluropolymer matrix and absolute intrinsically tied to the wheel and is known for its unbeatable durability against UV radiation and other atmospheric attacks.